You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘video’ category.
Wow – pretty amazing! HT Michael Hale via RT
Found this Guy Kawasaki video on Duff O’Melia’s blog and enjoyed it.
Some random notes:
- 650 KLOC plus 150 KLOC of open source code
- 100 people on the team, 70 programmers
- SBCL for the QPX product
- Clozure CL for the reservations product
- Availability requirement: four 9′s => less than 53 minutes downtime per year
- 90% of requests w/in 300 ms
- 5% of requests w/in 600 ms
- 5% of requests w/in 1,200 ms
- Java presentation layer, Common Lisp stateless business layer, Oracle data layer
- Daniel is very positive about Clojure
- Some links from the talk:
The story of Andrew Wiles who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem in 1994.
Here’s a great introduction to Twitter. You can follow me on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/lojic
Peter Norvig, Paul Graham, Marc Andreessen, Mike Arrington, Jeff Bezos, David Heinemeier Hansson, etc.
Very impressive balance and mobility. A robot from Boston Dynamics.
My uncle passed on a link he received from my cousin to an amazing video showing dolphins cleverly making sophisticated bubble rings and manipulating them in interesting ways:
This is one of the coolest ideas I’ve seen in a while. Bug Labs is developing some technology that should be very interesting to any geek. Another great find by Robert Scoble. The video quality isn’t high because they were recorded on his cell phone, but I’m glad he had a video capable cell phone with him when he bumped into Peter.
I found this video of a “crayon physics” game on Robert Scoble’s site – very cool!