Archive for the ‘video’ Category
Found this Guy Kawasaki video on Duff O’Melia’s blog and enjoyed it.
Some random notes:
- 650 KLOC plus 150 KLOC of open source code
- 100 people on the team, 70 programmers
- SBCL for the QPX product
- Clozure CL for the reservations product
- Availability requirement: four 9’s => less than 53 minutes downtime per year
- 90% of requests w/in 300 ms
- 5% of requests w/in 600 ms
- 5% of requests w/in 1,200 ms
- Java presentation layer, Common Lisp stateless business layer, Oracle data layer
- Daniel is very positive about Clojure
- Some links from the talk:
The story of Andrew Wiles who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem in 1994.
Here’s a great introduction to Twitter. You can follow me on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/lojic
Peter Norvig, Paul Graham, Marc Andreessen, Mike Arrington, Jeff Bezos, David Heinemeier Hansson, etc.